While I was working with Excel of Office 365 I wanted to load and evaluate data from one of our Odata services we implemented. Suddenly I faced a strange issue:
We couldn’t get data from the Data Model. Here’s the error message we got:
Either the dimension with the ID of ‘Jobs_deaddead-dead-dead-dead-deaddeaddead’ does not exist in the database with the ID of ‘deaddead-dead-dead-dead-deaddead1234’, or the user does not have permission to access the object.
I couldn’t receive all the data of the endpoint I specified. Strange thing is, I was able to receive the data from all other tables, except for the one I needed. In spite of that I already was able to get data from other tables, I still made sure I entered the correct credentials and connected to the correct server.
I did some research but first I didn’t find a solution for this problem, but after a while I found the little hidden wonder. In the meantime, I still can’t tell you why this happened, but I can tell you how to solve it. There are 2 ways you can consume data from an Odata service in Excel. One of them leads to this issue. To get the data you want safely, just follow the steps below:
- Go to the
- Instead of clicking
From Other Sourcesclick on
- In the opened menu, go to
From Other Sources
- Click on
From Odata Feed
- Enter your URL
- Enter your Credentials in the correct tab
- Choose which data to load
It’s just as easy as that. Now you can work with your data as you like.